We help youth take responsibility for their actions and give families decision-making power in issues that affect them. Our highly trained and experienced facilitators provide a safe space to ensure every voice is heard to resolve problems and make things right.
For information and referrals, call Amber Doundas at 215-651-0027 or email.
Family Group Decision Making (FGDM)
Families work together to find solutions that:
- Enable them to take control of their own lives.
- Help them create a hopeful plan for the future.
- Build collaborative relationships with service providers.
- Widen their circles of support and strengthen their family ties.
- Create emotional and physical safety for their children.
Young people can repair harm and relationships:
- By learning to take responsibility and become accountable for their actions.
- As they hear how their actions have impacted others.
- When people who have been harmed have an opportunity to to express their feelings and have a say in the outcome.
- As feelings of anger, fear and distrust are transformed to empathy, understanding and goodwill.